You will learn through this topic how to get Firmwares Updates samsung on you phone or Tap, Step by step without complications just follow the instructions.
First, why do you need to updated the firmware for your phone ?
- 1 First, why do you need to updated the firmware for your phone ?
- 2 How To Installing Official ROM/Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices through PC via Samsung Kies ?
- 3 How To Installing Official ROM/Firmware Android Lollipop or KitKat or Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy through OTA (Over The Air) ?
- 4 Installing Official ROM/Firmwares on phone or tap through Odin?
- 5 Notes :
Samsung is well known that when you update the firmware on your phone from time to time you will Fix some mistakes and bugs or add more features. For example, updating Rom from Android kitkat to Android Lollipop or update Rom from Lollipop to Marshmallow and It may be as we mentioned before the update to fix a problems in the system or add new features .
How To Installing Official ROM/Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices through PC via Samsung Kies ?
- Be sure that your PC is connected to the Internet , setup the Samsung Kies Utility , and connect your phone or tap to your PC Via USB Cable .
- Run the Samsung Kies Utility and it will recognize your Samsung Phone.
- On Samsung Kies Home Screen , you’ll see a notification say that a “New Firmware Upgrade is available” . If it said that “You have the latest Firmware update” it means that you didn’t have the latest Firmware on Kies yet ,So you can check back later, or try flashing this Firmware manually with (Odin).
- Click the “Firmware Upgrade” to start the update process.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- After finishing the updating process your Phone will reboot automatically.
- After the reboot you can disconnect your Phone from your PC.
How To Installing Official ROM/Firmware Android Lollipop or KitKat or Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy through OTA (Over The Air) ?
- Connect your Android Phone to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data (Internet) and be sure to have a stable Internet connection (It is not recommended to use Mobile Data because of the high cost).
- Go to Settings>About then click on Update or update option (if you received a message says that “The latest update have already been installed” and you do not receive any updates yet, try through Samsung kies , If not, do it with Odin manually)
- If you have a message “ New firmware update available “ Click OK to start the downloading and installation process.
- After finishing the updating process your Phone will reboot automatically.
Installing Official ROM/Firmwares on phone or tap through Odin?
Now you must know the details of the Phone or Tap Rom Official Firmware update .
|Details of the phone or tap||info Firmware|
|Model name||Device type and model name|
|Version||Android Marshmallow Or kitkat Or Lollipop|
|PDA||number of pda|
- If your Galaxy phone or Tap have any Custom ROM installed such as- CyanogenMod ROM, ParanoidAndroid ROM, AOKP ROM, SLIM ROM, PACman ROM, Avatar ROM, Omni ROM, LiquidSmooth ROM, Beanstalk ROM, Carbon ROM etc, then it’ll be replaced by stock firmware.
- Custom Recovery such as ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) or TWRP or Philz Recoverywill be replaced by Stock Recovery.
After briefed on all the details of Update Rom Official Firmware update
Now you need :
Samsung USB Driver : here | or you can download Samsung Kies and you will be already have the USB driver .
Samsung kies : Download Samsung program kies | here |.
Unzip Program : Unzip compressed files program you need to decompress For Firmware files | here|.
Desktop Odin 3.10.7 : Desktop Odin 3.10.7 . Odin program can help you installing and updating the Official ROM/Firmware manually through it | here |.
Note : Always remember you can use any Official firmware as long as model phone is compatible .
There are somethings you should understand
- Attention: Installation of this ROM/Firmware on your own risk and as we said Sm-Galaxy Website Team are not responsible for any damages.
- Attention: You will lose any Custom Rom or root on the phone in addition to all existing apps and data so we advise you to make a backup copy of all your important data on your phone .
- Attention: Make sure that your battery is 40% at least before starting the update process.
- Attention: Attached images are examples only, so you may find some difference, but all steps are same at all.
- Attention: Don’t move or remove the USB cable during the Firmware installation Process .
- Attention: Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Samsung device by going to developer options ( If you can’t find Developer Options you must show it by going to Settings > About phone then tab 7 times on Build Number and you will get message tell you that the developer options are enabled.
Now I will go to explain the steps to get ROM/Firmwares samsung on Phone or Tap Via Odin .
Now you already have the USB driver for your phone Samsung .
Warning: Don’t use this Firmware with any other Samsung Model, you can’t use it but if so you will make many errors and damages on your phone and we aren’t responsible for that, so be careful and make sure that it is your phone Model.
Well, let us go …..
- After downloading ROM/Firmwares , unzip the file then you will find File under the name *******_*********_INU.tar.md5 or something like that, We will use this file with Odin.
- Now Start Odin program on PC and you will see that
- Now press the (AP) button and choose the ROM/Firmware file with .tar.md5 that you just extracted it . See the following picture:
- Now we will get into the download mode in your Samsung device . To enter the download mode do the following , Turn off the device and then press and hold this three buttons (volume down button + Home button + power button ) .
- After the implementation of the previous step,You will have this alert as shown in the following picture , so press Volume Up button to continue .
- After pressing the Volume Up button you are now on the download mode and ready for flashing. You will find a screen like the screen in the following picture .
- Now you are already have the Samsung USB Driver and when you entered the Download Mode as shown in the previous picture, you can now connecting your Samsung Galaxy Phone or Tap via USB Cable then you will find that your PC now is installing the device driver and recognizing it.
- Now Go back to Odin to see if the ID:COM box’s color turned into blue color or not, this blue color means that your Phone or Tap connected successfully and the Odin recognized it as shown in the following picture:
- Make sure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options only are checked.
- Click on the Start button in Odin to start the flashing process. You will find the blue color progress bar then it will turn into black with white square ( Don’t touch anything in the Odin program or in your phone and also don’t move your phone or the USB cable to avoid errors ). If the flashing process completed successfully you will find the PASS! Message with green background as shown in the following picture. It means that the operation completed successfully.
- After installing that firmware your phone will reboot automatically and now we should say to you congratulations!! you have now the latest Official Firmware on your Phone or Tap.
- Your Phone will automatically reboots after installation process finishing.
- You can now disconnect your Phone from your PC safely .
- It’s done !!
Congratulations you have now the official update Firmware on Phone or Tap and you can make sure that you have the latest Firmware by Going to Settings > About Phone > Build number you will see new pda on screen.